Tuesday, October 28, 2008



October 31,2007

John Boggs and I and Trucker took a ride down to Parker to connect with the W.I.N. people. They are really an outgoing bunch and invited us to stay for the Halloween party, but John begged out. Seems he’s not the sociable type, too bad for him.
My truck transmission still seems sluggish to me and I still feel some vibration and the high end even though I didn’t have the trailer behind me today. Checked out Parker Dam and some other State Parks I might decide to move to later this week.

November 1-2, 2007

Did errands and picked up mail at the post office. Signed up for another week at the State Park here in Havasu. It’s a bargain at $10 a night. No hookups but nice camp spots on the beach and great showers. Lots of beaches and trails and everyone is friendly and helpful.

November 3, 2007

There was a Chillin n’ Swillin Beerfest here at the park today. All the beer you could drink for $15. They had all kinds of brews from all over. I didn’t care for the Raspberry or
Pumpkin beer, but loved the Fat Tire beer. They had a good band that played oldies from the 60’s and 70’s. Here is sunset view from my campsite

November 4, 2007

Met up with the W.I.N. people again down in Parker at the County Park. This time went alone! They invited me to go with them to the famous “Desert Bar”. Couldn’t believe after driving on an old, steep, windy, rough gravel road for 4 miles that here was this oasis in the desert.
It was really cool. They operated strictly on solar power. Hamburgers sucked, but the beer was ice cold. They had a stone dance floor and a great band and the place was packed by noon. They only operate during daylight hours because of the lack of power. I danced so much, I couldn’t walk the next day. Had to ice my knee. This time it was the left knee

No comments: